Affiliate Marketing Success Requires More Than Just A Link and a Domain Name. You Need The Proper Tools To Make It Work…
Every professional needs tools to do their job and this includes affiliate marketers.
If you were to look into the toolbox of a carpenter you would likely find a hammer, saw, screwdriver, power drill, etc. Likewise if you looked into the toolbox of a plumber you’d find tools associated with that profession. Having the proper tools is what separates a professional from the typical DIYer.
What should be in an affiliate marketers toolbox? Here is my list of must have tools:
- HTML Editor. This is a simple but necessary tool for creating or editing webpages. You will need this to edit or customize landing pages etc. Here are my recommended free HTML editors:
- Kompozer KompoZer is a complete web authoring system that combines web file management and easy-to-use WYSIWYG web page editing. KompoZer is designed to be extremely easy to use, making it ideal for non-technical computer users who want to create an attractive, professional-looking web site without needing to know HTML or web coding.
- EditPlus EditPlus is a text editor, HTML editor, PHP editor, Java editor and Hex Viewer for Windows. While it can serve as a good Notepad replacement, it also offers many powerful features for Web page authors and programmers.
- CoffeeCupThis is one of the best and one of the most user-friendly editors that I have ever used, I can’t praise it highly enough!
- Autoresponder: Automates messages for email marketing and absolutely essential for list building.
- Aweber I chose AWeber because I simply could not afford any other provider that offered all the tools I needed underneath one platform such as autoresponders, self hosted sign up forms and integrations with 3rd party apps. 30 Day FREE Trial.
- GetResponse Powerful tools built for success and ease of use. Find out how simple email marketing can be, with GetResponse. 30 Day FREE Trial.
- MailChimp Free service allows up to 500 email leads. Auto responder service is paid only. Good service if you have zero budget. Build your list, make a few sales and then upgrade to paid.
- Word Processor and Spreadsheets. Most computers today come bundled with some type of Office Suite such as MS Office. However, there is a free alternative is you’re not fortunate to have MS Office. It’s called Open Office. It does nearly everything that MS Office does without the cost. Click here to download Open Office.
- FTP. File Transfer Protocol is a standard network protocol used to transfer computer files from one host to another host over a TCP-based network, such as the Internet. There will be times when you need to upload files to your hosting service, so you’ll need an FTP software.
- My go to choice is Filezilla. It is a free open source software that is awesome. Here’s the link to grab it: Download Filezilla
- Image Editing. I use Photoshop, but it is expensive. But here are some great alternatives that will get the job done. Go here to learn about the 9 best Alternatives to Photoshop. Some are paid, but many are free.
- Video Creation & Editing. Video is the hottest trend online right now. If you’re not taking advantage of video marketing you’re losing out on a huge opportunity. I use Camtasia Studio which is a paid software ($400). But there are alternatives that cost less or which are free.6 Best Free Alternatives to Camtasia for Mac and Windows
- Link Cloaking. If you are not cloaking your affiliate links or if you are using free services like Bit.ly, Tinyurl, Goo.gl you are shooting yourself in the foot. Too many of these free services are seen as spam links which most web-surfers will avoid. Also, free shorteners leave your raw affiliate link exposed which means your affiliate commissions can be stolen or lost altogether. Go here to learn more about the best ways to cloak affiliate links.
There are many more tools that I use on a daily basis, but the above 7 are absolutely essential to being an effective marketer online.
Remember, your end results are only as good as the tools you use to produce them. You don’t need a huge budget to get started. Most of these tools I found by doing a simple search in Google.
My strategy to upgrade was simple. I created funded proposals – sales funnels designed to generate a specific amount of income to pay for the tools I use. For example, Aweber costs $19.00/month. Find an affiliate product, create a funnel and use the monthly profits to pay for your auto-responder service. This way your business is paying for itself and it is not coming out of your pocket.